Deferred until August 2020
Escorted locally by African Wildlife Safaris CEO Steve Cameron
15 days/14 nights
Escorted by African Wildlife Safaris CEO Steve Cameron this 15-day safari visits some of Zambia’s most prestigious wildlife areas staying at remote and exclusive camps. Expect expert guides, games drives, exciting walking and canoeing safaris away from busy tourist areas guaranteeing an unrivalled safari experience. Designed on an all-inclusive basis (except international flights) relax, enjoy and make the most of this unique and off-the-beaten-track safari of a lifetime.
Departing on 26 August from the Zambian town of Livingstone, this special departure unveils the wonders of Zambia during the peak wildlife viewing season.
Please note places are strictly limited as there are only 4 rooms total – for a maximum group size of 8.
We can also assist with airfares and book your flights in your preferred class of travel.
*Conditions apply. Single prices on request (rooms are on a shared basis – no single rooms available).
Thorntree River Lodge, Victoria Falls | 26 – 28 Aug
On arrival in Livingstone you will meet your tour escort and transfer to Thorntree River Lodge. Activities include a tour of the falls, rhino walking safaris, canoeing, game drives, boat trips and cultural visits.
Chindeni Camp | 29 – 30 Aug
This morning fly to Mfuwe via Lusaka before transferring by road to Chindeni Camp in the South Luangwa National Park. Overlooking a productive lagoon, enjoy day and night game drives, exciting bushwalks and evening sundowners along the river.
Days 6 – 8
Kapamba Camp | 31 Aug – 02 Sep
This morning transfer on foot downriver to Kapamba Camp. This remote and romantic camp holds a beautiful riverside position and boasts a relaxing lounge area, whilst sundowners are often enjoyed in the river.
Kuyenda Camp 03 – 04 Sep
Transfer this morning to Kuyenda Camp. With just 4 thatched rondavels enjoy the exclusivity of this authentic camp. Activities centre on game drives and walking safaris.
Days 11 – 14
Potato Bush Camp | 05 – 08 Sep
Fly to Jeki Airstrip where you will be met and transferred to Potato Bush Camp. Over the next four days experience the wonders of the Lower Zambezi National park. It is one of the best places on earth for canoe safaris, with outstanding wildlife and photographic opportunities available. Other activities include walking safaris, day and night game drives and boat excursions.
Tour ends Lusaka 09 Sep
Transfer by light aircraft to Lusaka and connect with your onward flight. End of arrangements.
- Light aircraft transfers
- Full board accommodation, tented
suites with private bathrooms
- All drinks (premium brands excluded)
- Game drives in open 4WD vehicle
- Park fees, laundry, gratuities, services of a tour escort.
- International flights from Australia to Maun and return from Victoria
Falls are not included.
- 3 nights at Thorntree River Lodge – a secluded lodge close to the famous Victoria Falls. Activities range from rhino walking safaris and canoeing to game drives and cultural visits.
- 7 nights exploring the pristine South Luangwa with The Bushcamp Company. Stay at small, intimate camps in remote areas and enjoy guided walks and productive game drives in search of wildlife including leopard and lion.
- 4 nights in the Lower Zambezi National Park at exclusive Potato Bush Camp. Feel the thrill of getting up close to wildlife in your canoe and seeing things from a different perspective.
Steve first visited Africa in 1982 leading overland safaris the length and breadth of the continent before returning to Australia and co-founding African Wildlife Safaris with his wife Sara. Over the last 35 years, Steve has returned to the continent more than 70 times, building an impressive resume and unrivalled knowledge of the African bush. Whilst Steve loves all things African, two of his favourite activities are walking through the African bush and canoeing the Zambezi – both featured in this unique itinerary.