The Talking Drum
‘The Talking Drum’, our twice-yearly magazines are designed to keep our clients up to date with all of the latest developments relating to our products and destinations.
Below you will find links to the last few editions in PDF format for easy downloading.
Simply click on the Download Newsletter link to quickly download it as a PDF.
Subscribe to E-News
Subscribe now to be the first to receive the latest in news, special offers and ideas to inspire your next trip from us by email!
The Talking Drum: 2017 – Volume 1
Happy New Year and welcome to our first newsletter for 2017! The past year has seen Africa make a comeback, with some of the continent’s best accommodations now heavily booked. So if you haven’t already planned your safari, act soon. As our South America brochure has just gone to press, we’ve showcased a number of accommodation and wilderness programs we have on offer there, as well as highlights across our entire portfolio including India, Alaska, Antarctica, Canada and Australia. For more information please don’t hesitate to get in contact with our travel specialists on 1300 363 302, or click here.
- Introduction: Cover, introduction, contents, Drumbeat news and Conservation news including Dian Fossey and the Breaking the Brand campaign.
- Africa: The lions of the Sabi Sabi Game Reserve, Wild Tanzania, Angama Mara Lodge – Alice’s Story, The Safari Collection Kenya, Kenya with Great Plains Conservation, and Botswana – a Wild Addiction
- South America: Explore Chile with Teirra Hotels, Skorpios Patagonia Cruising, Darwin’s Galapagos and Alto Atacama
- Australia: Island getaways and Homegrown Gourmet Classics
- India: A Feast for the Senses and our 2018 Taj, Temples and Tigers escorted small group tour
- Antarctica: Adventure Within Reach
- Alaska: UnCruise Adventures and Alaska’s Best Grizzly Bear Viewing
- Canada Supplement: Farewell Harbour Lodge, Alberta’s Winter Wonderland, Rocky Mountaineer, Arctic Kingdom Adventures and the Aurora Borealis
The Talking Drum: 2016 – Volume 3
Welcome to the spring edition of The Talking Drum! Its been an exciting few months with the recent launch of our long-awaited Australia & New Zealand website and brochure. We have also just released our new Antarctica and The Arctic brochure, as well as our Canada and Alaska, and Africa brochures. You will find a few highlights of these destinations featured in this edition of our magazine, but it really is just the tip of the iceberg. For more information on any of our destination please don’t hesitate to get in contact with our experienced consultants on 1300 363 302, or click here.
- Introduction: Cover, introduction, contents, Drumbeat news and Conservation news.
- Africa: The elusive pangolin, Kenya with Great Plains Conservation, Dulini Private Game Reserve in South Africa, Botswana’s dynamic Savute Channel, the deserts of Namibia, walking safaris with Sanctuary Retreats, Mauritius, specialist photographic safaris, Zambia with The Bushcamp Company, and mesmerising Morocco
- Australia: Extraordonary beauty in our backyard and our top 4 shortlist
- Antarctica & The Arctic: The frozen frontier with G Adventures, and land-based expeditions in the Arctic
- South America: Amazon River cruising on the M/V Desafio and wild icons of the Amazon Jungle
- India and Sri Lanka: Remembering iconic Machali, our Taj, Temples and Tigers small group tour, India’s evocative eats, festivals of India, the timeless appeal of Sri Lanka and Uga Escapes boutique hotels
- Canada: Muddling through the Maritimes and Great Bear Lodge
- Alaska Supplement: Katmai National Park – the Kingdom of the Grizzly, Denali National Park highights and UnCruise Adventures
The Talking Drum: 2016 – Volume 2
In addition to the twice yearly publication of our magazine ‘The Talking Drum’, we have also produced this special 8 page e-newsletter showcasing fantastic winter escapes to our portfolio of wilderness and wildlife destinations. Temperatures have dropped and days are short, which leaves just two choices: embrace the cold or escape it altogether.
If you’re seeking warmer climes, consider South Africa’s exclusive Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, recently visited by our company founders and graphic designer – read about their experiences on p3. We’ve compiled hot offers including great value journeys into Tanzania’s golden grasslands with Sanctuary Retreats and Botswana’s lush Okavango Delta with Wilderness Safaris. Also featured are flaming deals to southern India, Sri Lanka and Mauritius – perfect if your idea of a getaway involves sun-drenched beaches and swaying coconut palms. If you’re planning for next year, don’t miss the 2017 Northern Hemisphere summer special aboard Canada’s Rocky Mountaineer on p6. Polar enthusiasts can also save on last-minute air-cruises into Antarctica (p8). Last but not least, a reminder to get in early if you’d like to join our escorted “Taj, Temples & Tigers” tour (p5), which sold out months in advance of the 2016 departure.
To view an online version of our e-newsletter, please click click the ‘Download The Talking Drum’ button below to download a PDF version (2mb).