Canada and Alaska’s diverse wilderness areas offer unrivalled scenic beauty and a vast array of wildlife including grizzly and black bears, caribou, moose, Dall sheep, wolves and many species of raptors. Most wilderness lodges can only be reached by boat or light aircraft. Some are simple and rustic, whilst others are luxurious with gourmet dining and even health spas! Activities include bear viewing, hiking, kayaking, fly fishing & marine tours.
Highlights of our Wilderness programs include:
• The Natural wonders and diverse wildlife of Denali N.P.
• “The world’s most spectacular bear viewing” in Katmai N.P.
• Yukon’s scenic wilderness and aurora borealis viewing
• Orcas of Johnstone Strait
• Stunning scenery and grizzly bear viewing at Knight Inlet Lodge
• Remote Khutzeymateen Grizzly Sanctuary
• Pristine forests and coastal areas of Vancouver Island
When to Go Alaska's Denali National Park is only open mid May - Mid Sep due to weather conditions. The best time to visit Katmai National Park, the lodges and resorts of Vancouver Island, Khutzeymateen and Knight Inlet Lodge is generally between mid May and Sep when wildlife is at its most prolific and the weather pleasant.