Discover a spectacular world of Himalayan mountains where magnificent fortresses command the hilltops and colourful Buddhist prayer flags flutter around ancient monasteries. Bhutan, The Land of the Thunder Dragon, is a destination like no other. Secluded in the Eastern Himalayas between India and Tibet, this ancient kingdom first cautiously opened its doors to tourism in 1974. Fortunately it has remained relatively isolated from western influence enabling it to maintain its strong heritage rooted in Mahayana Buddhism.
As this destination has so much to offer we have expanded our Bhutan tours include a wide and flexible range of cultural tours, festivals and trekking programs. We understand that every traveller is different, so we like to provide a broad range of travel options to suit you. You can select one of our many specially designed Bhutan tours on offer in our Bhutan e-brochure, or let our experienced Bhutan staff tailor make a trip to suit your specific interests and budget.
Highlights of our Bhutan tours include:
• Discover Taktsang Monastery, clinging to a cliff 900m above the valley floor
• Enter sacred and ancient temples and monasteries
• Explore magnificent fortresses including the imposing Punakha Dzong
• Explore Phobjikha Sanctuary, winter home to the rare black-necked crane
• Travel to the spiritual heartland of Bhutan, Bumthang
• Take a trek or day hike through ancient forests, alpine meadows and villages
• Immerse yourself in the pageantry of the ‘Tsechu’, Bhutan’s Buddhist festivals
• Visit Bhutan’s national parks, home to diverse wildlife and unique plants
• View the splendours of Spring,
including orchids and 55 species of rhododendrons
• Choose from luxurious resorts to hotels and guesthouses
• Combine a Bhutan tour with Nepal, and the India subcontinent
Download pages from our Bhutan e- brochure.